Thursday, October 15, 2009

I hear you

In case I forgot (which I did), God reminded me that He hears me. 


My morning commute yesterday started off simply enough. I easily got a seat on the train and was happily occupied with my headphones and newspaper. At the next stop, a man sat down beside me and a second or two later, so did his scent. It wasn't disgusting but it was certainly foul. I don't know if he didn't brush his teeth or he ate something that wasn't right but one thing for sure: The smell wasn't right. Not willing to risk losing my seat on a fairly long train ride, I hugged the plastic partition that was the other side of me and tried not to breathe in the communal air space between us. 


Once at work, my energy level was quickly depleted. By 11:30, 11:30!, I was ready to call it a day. To top it off, I didn't feel like myself. I felt heavy, emotionally and physically. By this time, clouds sagged in the sky and the dark environment began to influence my mood. 


I needed to finish my work. I needed the old me to come back. So I prayed. "Lord, put me on someone's heart to pray for me 'cause I can't do this."


I shook my head, blinked my eyes, and forced myself to come to life. A couple of hours later, I walked to a co-worker's office to help her with a project. When I got back to my desk, an e-mail pops up from her that read:


"As you left [my office], I asked God to return everything to you that you have sown in the lives of others.  Please don’t discount your value to the body of Christ or to people like me."


He never seizes to amaze me. Thank You, Lord. 


-I will call to You whenever I’m in trouble, and You will answer me.
Psalm 86:7 (NLT)



1 comment:

Joe said...

WOW is all I can say. I was reading this and honestly I felt like I was there. Jenesis smh.